As many of you know in January 2011 we moved house.  A letter was sent to all of the necessary companies, gas, water, bank etc. to notify them.  One of those letters was sent to my home insurance company, Santander.  Today I learned that when they updated my address they did so only on the system responsible for mailshots and not on the policy itself.  Given the fact that I’ve experienced their levels of incompetence I know in hindsight I should have checked this was done but it’s not something I thought about given the levels of stress involved with a house move.

This means that I’ve been paying buildings insurance on a house I no longer own.  I could have been paying a fraction of the amount I’ve paid, but the change was never made.

After an accident with a TV and a laptop used for streaming I decided to claim on my policy.  I’ve now been told that I can’t claim at my new address and I must take out a new policy if I wish to be covered.  When I asked to speak to a manager to register a complaint I was cut off.

I’m outraged at the attitude of Santander’s staff!  I’ve a feeling my complaint will fall on deaf ears so I’m preparing a letter to the ombudsman.  I’m not prepared to accept that there’s nothing I can do about 16 months of payments (totalling nearly £650) have been taken incorrectly.

Previous Post

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.